Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grace (part 2)

So I really started to think about TWOTM and what I put in my last post. There are the 4 questions they have asked people on the street. Here is how a born-again disciple of Jesus Christ will answer them and how they differ from the person who has not experienced salvation.

1. Do you think you are a good person? Yes. I am good compared to many and not as good as some, but overall a good person.

2. What do the commandments say? That I am a lier, thief, and adulterer. If I have broken one I have broken all.

3. Are you guilty or innocent? Based on the 10 commandments, I am guilty and I deserve to go to Hell for all of eternity. Because of my sins, I am not worthy to stand before the perfect risen Lord.

4. Are you going to Heaven or Hell? I am going to Heaven. I have been washed (interesting word scripture uses....dunked, covered, immersed they all work) in the blood of the Holy Lamb Jesus Christ when I accepted him as my Lord and Savior and he died for my sins, past-present-future, when he died on the cross. Because of His sacrifice and the amazing grace He gives to me, I am free.

You know I like to give music as illustrations of what I have posted. Casting Crowns has a great song out right now called East to West. Here are selections...

You can feel this way:
I start the day, the war begins, endless reminding of my sin Time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in Today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way. But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way.

The truth is here:
I know You've cast my sin as far as the east is from the west And I stand before You now as though I've never sinned.

No comments: