Saturday, November 08, 2014

Let Me Help You Help Me part 3

First, I want to the thank the person that created text messages.  For both Julia and I that was the best thing in the world.  the week after Brandy died we didn't want to talk to anyone.  It didn't matter who it was.  Texting was the best.  by boss got it.  The CEO of my company got it.  Some people didn't.  But I can tell you, texting kept us alive.

Everybody goes through a different journey in times like this...and life in general.  Your journey will not be the same as mine.  I think I am normal, but I also think everyone should be just like me.  It would make the world run a lot smoother. 

I was thinking about relationships this week.  I don't know when the right time will be for me to start dating.  Hell, I don't even know how to date.  Brandy and I met in college.  We got married a couple years later.  We were married 20 years.  I could date Bandy because I knew her inside and out.  Everything she liked, what she wanted to do, etc, etc.  Meeting someone new does not put confidence in my future.  I think I would go celibate, but I like women and sex too much to do that. 

"For I know the plans I have made for you."

Now that I am 42, I know what I will be looking for.  A Christian girl, that has a great personality. Likes to sit around the house relaxing but likes to go out looking beautiful. One who likes country music. One who doesn't have a chip on her shoulder and can take it and dish it back out.  One who loves family.  A girl who loves to laugh, at me/with me/ and love me for who I am.

but then again, what do I know.  Oh how God has surprised me in the past (as he has most people). 

Things not to say: "Now you can date such and such..."  This was said to a friend of mine.  "You need to get back out there..."  It will happen when it happens. 

When is the right time?  It's different for everyone, and I don't think anyone really knows.  It's like having kids.  You are never really ready, but here they come and you will make the most of it. 

It's a weird feeling being single.  I don't know what to make of it.  Hopefully I will figure it out and be awesome in this like I'm awesome in everything else.

-Sean


No comments: