Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Let Me Help You Help Me part 4


I think this may be the last post.  Not that there isn't more to say, but I think I will just start repeating myself.  Although I like to hear myself speak, this is all in my head and I don't say it out loud.  
In the past, Brandy and I have always been a support system for people in certain situations.  I think the pastor in me spilled over to her (or vice versa) and we were always the counselors.  I think God may be using Brandy's death like that again. 
For sure it has put a new light on marriage and relationships for some of our friends.  But in another way, I think people coming up to talk to Julia and I get some therapy. 
One lady that we know through family more or less cornered Julia this weekend expressing her condolences and saying she knows what it's like because she lost 2 husbands and mom, etc, etc.  It was interesting because at church that morning she had just given us both a hug, said sorry for your loss, and that was it.  I leaned over to Julia and told her "that's how you do it."  Then that evening she became everyone else. 
I had a woman at work this was the 1st time meeting her.  We talked for 5 minutes and she "just had to give me a hug."  I didn't need a hug, not that I will object to a pretty woman giving me a hug.  I think she needed a hug. 

And that's where I am on this.  Maybe Julia and I doing good is therapy for these other people.  If it is, great.  I love to be able to get people back on the right track.  Who knows.  I don't reject people coming up and talking to me.  I love talking about Brandy.  If you have a story about her, let's talk. 

-Sean

No comments: