Tuesday, July 11, 2006

changes

the sister of a good friend of ours died yesterday. They live in Austin. they were up here to hear me preach and pick up some stuff. It was a nice day. the same day her sister died. She has had cancer so it was not a total surprise, but not an easy thing to handle either. Jesus said the harvest is ready but the workers are few. It really puts an exclaimation point on the fact that life is short.
There is a commercial on the radio right now from one of the electric companies. It says there are three certainties in life. Death-taxes-saving money on electricity. it's cute. I think the third should be the afterlife. It's not as cute but more important. We all die once and then it's heaven or hell. We have a short time on earth to share the truth of Christianity with everyone we see. I think too often I take the road of "well I wear a cross so they know I'm a christian and I live a good life, so that should be good." Unfortunately that's not enough. I've been in churches in the past where I didn't want to invite other people to because there was nothing happening. That's not the case here. We are going to spread the word. We are going to make changes and additions. We are going to invite, we are going to pray, we are going to make a difference in this world.
I've always wanted to do something "big". I can't define big, but "bigger than me" would be the best try. Maybe "big" is suppose to be big in someone's life. maybe "big" is suppose to be big in the church-community, county, state. I'm not sure. it feels like it's coming together. Keep praying for my church and it's ministry. I want to make a difference for Christ.

-pastor sean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»