Friday, July 07, 2006

More updates on broadband

Well....I went round and round with ATT yesterday. My neighbor across the creek has DSL and is getting 3MB download. unbelievable. We could run a line from his house and set up another DSL line, but I would lose control and don't want to do that. I get up one day and say "hey the internet is out" but Bob the neighbor is on a 3 month vacation and his pit bull will not let me in the yard to check out the DSL line. No thanks.
I talked to ATT for over 30 minutes. I got a DSL tech and we went over options and why there is no way to get it at the house or church. Then I went to a fiber tech. SBC started Project Lightspeed 2 years ago. It should have been completed by now. well it's not.
I have a fiber line running straight to my backyard. But I can't get fiber. Go figure. So I called ClearBlue back. One guy in my congregation used to work for Starband doing installs. He called a friend of his there, and they guy said that Clear Blue was the best one to go with. I don't mind having satellite internet. It's just that $300 upfront cost that's killing me. They are suppose to be here on Monday to install it. Pray that it all works. Brandy needs it to work. I need it to stay sane :o).

-Pastor Sean

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»