Friday, July 07, 2006

The Essentials of Christianity


this is one of my favorite pictures I took many years ago. I met with a man this week. He was a Christian years ago.
I'm hoping he will come back and talk some more. We talked for an hour and half. He needs more. He is searching which is good. But as he was leaving, I showed him my Ministry Triangle. In it are the essentials of Christianity. The attonement of Christ. Justification by faith alone. the trinity. Jesus is 100% God and 100% man (1+1=1). he could not believe that I believed all that. The "simpleness" of Christianity is not all right. We are too advanced of society to believe all that mythology. Basically that's what he believes. I asked him if he believed the resurrection. He said no. I think you have to believe in the ressurection to be a true Christian.
Without the ressurection, there is no salvation. Actually one more thing he told me was that when he dies he will just cease to exist. Heaven is here on earth. Pray for my ministry and the people I come in contact with. I believe the Holy Spirit led him to me after our introduction. I hope I poked enough holes in his wall of disbelief to keep him searching.
-Pastor Sean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»